"Mama"

"Mama"
"Mama" by my daughter age 3

Thursday, October 29, 2015

Paper Collage Frankenstein




2nd graders learned about collage art, where artists use paper and other materials to construct an artwork. Students read a short story about Dr. Frankenstein and how he created Frankenstein. Students reviewed geometric and freeform shapes; and were able to identify which shapes were which when constructing their Frankensteins. 2nd graders also were working on their cutting and gluing skills throughout this project.

Learning Targets for project were:

  • I can identify geometric and freeform shapes.
  • I can use the correct amount glue.
  • I can glue with the tip of my glue bottle touching my paper.
  • I can make sure all pieces of paper are glued flat.
  • I can cut paper shapes so the edges are smooth, not jagged.

No comments:

Post a Comment