Romare Bearden was an African-American artist and writer. Bearden had many 3 main influences on his art, country life, city life, and music. He especially loved jazz music.
· Students learned about artist Romare Bearden.
· Students learned about jazz music and jazz instruments.
· Students choose one or more jazz instruments to draw.
· They then outlined with chalk pastel and colored in adding lots of color detail.
· They then divided background into several sections to color in brightly with oil pastel.