"Mama"

"Mama"
"Mama" by my daughter age 3

Tuesday, December 1, 2015

Blue Dog





Third graders learned about the American artist George Rodrigue.  Rodrigue is from Louisiana. Rodrigue shot to fame for painting “BLUE DOG”. Blue Dog was inspired from a childhood tale of a werewolf dog Rordrigue heard as a child and from his family dog, Tiffany. Blue Dog has popped up in all sorts of modern pop culture. Where have you seen Blue Dog?

( I have a lot of Hispanic students at my school and I love how they always sneak the love of their culture into art projects. The Mexican flag always seems to find its way into art projects. And I love the Blue Dog painted all orange from eating Takis. If you've eaten Takis, (a Mexican type of chip like Cheetohs), they make a huge orange mess. I love how that students covered his Blue Dog in orange paint)

No comments:

Post a Comment