· First graders looked at and discussed Wassily Kandinsky’s abstract art. They learned that sometimes artists use only line, shape, and color in artwork.
· First graders then learned about vertical, horizontal, and diagonal lines.
· They used these three types of lines to make a corn drawing.
· Inside the corn the students recreated Kandinsky’s circle painting.
· First graders also learned how to weave paper using the over and under technique.
Learning Targets for this project were:
I can color neatly.
I can weave using over/under technique.
I can identify a vertical, horizontal, and diagonal line.
**Lesson originally seen on Art With Mr. E. blog**