"Mama"

"Mama"
"Mama" by my daughter age 3

Monday, February 17, 2014

Snowboard Design







With the Olympics going on in Sochi, Russia, I thought it would be great to do snowboard design with the 4th and 5th graders. We watched Shaun White's highest scoring ever halfpipe run from the Vancouver Olympics to get in the spirit of winter sports. I also found this great video of a snowboard designer sketching out his design for his own snowboard. It was great for the students to see the process from sketching to computer design. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kHKbTOvJvP4

Students traced the snowboard shape, I wanted to make sure they were big enough, and the objective of the assignment was to focus on the design rather than draw the snowboard. We discussed some of the elements of design that they could include in their design, like shapes, color, pattern, line work. I also brought in my snowboard for them to look at. I think it blew their minds a little to picture me snowboarding:)

No comments:

Post a Comment