"Mama"

"Mama"
"Mama" by my daughter age 3

Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Metal Foil Weather




5th graders learned about different types of weather and what causes weather by watching an episode of Bill Nye the Science Guy. We experience all different types of weather in Wisconsin. Students learned how to do the metal tooling technique of repousse, which is used to shape metal from the reverse side. They repousseed a sun with 4 sunrays to divide their metal foil. In each section they then had to create 4 different types of weather, and also create a pattern in the background. We then glued the metal foil onto black paper where they continued their design using construction paper crayons.

1 comment:

  1. Very cool, I like the idea of this. I'm thinking of adapting this to something zentangle-ish. I've added you to my blog roll, hope you don't mind!

    ReplyDelete